Simcoe County Regional Science and Technology Fair
Friday, April 7th & Saturday, April 8th, 2017
April 6, 2017 - Fair Schedule
Friday, April 7, 2017
4:30 pm - 6:00 pm - Registration and Set-up
Saturday, April 8, 2017
08:30 am - 09:00 am - Check In
* Please note that parents may NOT be in the exhibit area during divisional judging but are responsible for their children at all times. Parents are welcome in the Parents’ Areas (chairs in front of the stage or in the center area of the foyer).
Saturday’s Special Events (All sessions are optional):
• Draw prizes will periodically be given out, all day, from the stage. Listen for your name!
• Be sure to fill out your Peer Achievement BINGO card and bring it to the stage by noon to win prizes!
• “Zoo to You” will have an interactive animal display from 9 am – noon.
• “Cosmic Connections” will be presenting an amazing astronomy show (including a solar telescope) every 30 minutes from 9 am - noon. Please sign up!
• “Let’s Talk Science” from Guelph University will have Hands-On/Minds-On activities from 9 am – 1 pm
• Clarabella the Clown will be leading various activities from 9 am – noon.
• There will be an exciting science presentation on the main stage from 1:00 pm – 1:45 pm
• Pizza ($2/slice), drinks ($1) and snacks will be sold throughout the day. Proceeds will go to “BCSS ECO Club”.
Thanks for participating in the Simcoe County Regional Science and Technology Fair. We hope you have fun.
Please download and review the Science Fair Schedule.
When you arrive on Saturday morning, be sure to check in again.
If you have any questions, ask a committee member in a teal shirt.
Here are a few tips for participants concerning the Judging:
• Every project will be judged twice Friday evening for Divisional Awards.
• Saturday morning, projects will be judged for Special Awards and Grand Awards.
• Please be at your project when judging starts and stay close by. The judges may return with more questions.
• Make sure you verbally share all your key information. Judges only have 5 - 10 min. per project so make the most of that time!
• Don't forget that other students will also want to learn about your project.
• Speak loudly and clearly, there is a lot of background noise.
• Have fun and be confident. No one knows your project better than you do.
February 28, 2017
The link for Judges to register for 2017 has been updated.
Also a new information 2017 sheet has been provided for students registering fpr the fair.
February 1, 2017
The 2017 Special Awards page has been updated.
There may still be additional awards so plese keep looking here for updates.
January 24, 2017
Science Fair Invitation for Students
The invitation to Teachers and Students has gone out for the 2017 Fair.